Airsoft Fun For The kids...

I was into Airsoft for several years. Played with a team in northern California, called the Cimmerians. We had our own outdoor field.

Airsoft can be expensive. My M4 was outfitted as an anti-sniper rifle. At 375 FPS, I could almost match most snipers reach with it. I could make up for the reach by being a sneaky b*stard. I loved the sound of disbelief when they yelled out, "deadman" and walked off the field. It was all metal. I had bipod, and a good 3X scope with a wide field of view on it.

I also had a pair of gas operated Steyr TMPs with tactical holsters. I loved those guns. They were Tokyo Marui and they had convinced Steyr to let them used the body molds for their product. One real weapon reviewer said they were so close to real that the only thing that gave them away without looking in the chamber for a round was seeing the gas port on the bottom of the magazines.

Unfortunately, I let myself think I was getting old (47 isn't old!) and I sold all my airsoft gear to my best friend. Dumb, dumb, dumb... :banghead: :nuts:

Maybe I should get my TMPs back. :ideas:

Not airsoft but hpa-powered,

My toy the Drozd. Full auto 1200 rpm, 900 round hopper. 650fps.

thats a beauty.

heres mine with the muzzle brake I just completed (just need to get that anodized black):
IMG_20130322_213702.jpg

IMG_20130322_213702.jpg

All this talk of airsoft has peeked my interest! With a rising cost and shortage of .22 LR I may have to jump on board to keep my trigger finger loose. I'm thinking GBB might be fun to try.

GBB is fun, albeit has it's own issues since you need to route the gas to the chamber on a separate line (as opposed to internal gas produced by black powder) and this can fail due to leaks and what not. but as long as you have a decent model and maintain it, it has a very realistic feel to it.

Its a GBB Styer TMP. The most beautiful example of an airgun in existence. I owned two of them.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Bingo! Found buried in the back of a warehouse in CA. KSC... They stopped making them in 2006 I'm told.this one was NOS complete in it's original sealed box. Very cool gun!

Analias, it's never too late to get some new equipment and play again. A buddy recently purchased a sizeable load of airsoft gear on craigslist. In the deal he got several higher end rifles. He gave me the "parts gun" he aquired for helping him sort the bunch. I think I have enough parts now to build a nice CQB M4 and with a little imagination, I'll make unique and all business. So far I have installed an aftermarket barrel inside a custom upper. It consists of a flat top upper with a full length faux suppresor made from some scrap aluminum tubing and a pressed on knurled grip that threads in where the delta ring is supposed to go. One other feature I'm shooting for is light weight and rigidity to keep the barrel secured. This weekend I started on a buffer tube/butt stock that houses the battery. I managed to get some 3/8'' SS tubing to construct the telescoping wire stock. So far my son doesn't like my ideas because I'm deviating from the traditional look of an M4 but he doesn't have to cary it. I guess leaving all the unessesary weaver rails and gadgets off of my design may not win any beauty contests but it will surely be lighter. If there's any interest, I'll post some "in progress" pictures.

8e3a9y8a.jpg

This thing is a blast ! Looks and feels like the real deal. I plan on making some replacement/upgrade parts on my little Sherline 2000.

I guess this thread has lost its 'for kids' part some time ago :), here's mine:

IMG_20130303_211606.jpg

it has a mfg flaw where it fires in full auto (and jams) if trigger is half pressed so you have to be quick on the trigger (trigger happy). I need to take it completely apart and machine the sear to get this fixed as it seems to be a QS issue with this model.

What are you planning on machining for the G18?

IMG_20130303_211606.jpg

Back