Alexander 2CGD Cutter Grinder

FYI, the D is for Decimal, the machine also came in metric. Quality-wise the Alexander is on par with Deckel, rumoured to have been made under license originally. And much more than 'just a d-bit' grinder.
the thread is called a buttress thread. the attached photo shows specs on the thread. changes are you already have a 55dg cutting tools for BS threads :)
I have a 2CGD, can you PM me and I will get photos, dimensions of what you need.
I buy U2/E355 collets from AliExpress, excellent quality.

Attachments

• Alexander - Deckel collet drawing 355E.jpg
    Alexander - Deckel collet drawing 355E.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 9
I knew there’d be someone on here with one, and I’ll certainly take up your offer and now I know the meaning of the mystery D
I’ve managed to get the entire thing apart once I’d got past these 2 locking rings
B7A9E20E-6B05-430E-918E-F9BB66FCE10D.jpeg
it took me a while, then I realised that this part is actually the micrometer adjuster part, so winding it in allowed me to grip the outer ring with grips and then a sharp tap on the inner ring and it came loose. Note the corrosion here. The rotation stop hidden inside the unit body was held in with with a set screw, so that bit actually came apart easily. These parts also appear to be phosphor bronze

Back