Allen gang drill press

sdelivery

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
20220411_104146.jpg

20220411_104203.jpg

Hahaha. No I didn't, I haven't ask.....I have three lathes at two shops. I have to move and zero space for them.
I just thought they would be a great conversation starter.
What do you guys think there worth?
I know the first thing the owner will say is how much do you want to pay?
He has a lathe that he told me to sell for him...
He said 1500 but I don't feel it is worth more than a 1000.00 tops

My drill press is just a single head off of one if those gang tables. I have it bolted to a heavy table for now but keep looking for the correct column to make it a floor model. Maybe some day...

Is yours Made by Allen?
I know of two more Allen's, they are single head units.. I am not sure of there availability right now but the heads are different than the gang style head.
I have not researched Allen's but just kinda noticed.
Footburt made many of the gang style drill presses.

Is yours Made by Allen?
I know of two more Allen's, they are single head units.. I am not sure of there availability right now but the heads are different than the gang style head.
I have not researched Allen's but just kinda noticed.
Footburt made many of the gang style drill presses.
20220321_200412.jpg

Unless you can find someone who NEEDS a gang drill, I would say that is darn-near-worthless as-is. That has a HUGE footprint for a drill press without any real 'advantage' to a hobbyist. So the only folks you could sell that to are someone in production who NEEDS a gang drill (at which point, I suspect they would have already bought 'new' or from a dealer), a collector (if one exists), someone who wants to rip it apart for parts for another project (and thus won't pay much), or someone who has a LARGE shop space that they don't mind wasting that much room on a drillpress (basically a unicorn!).

I really think this is going to be one of those things that sits in the niche of 'Super expensive new, dirt cheap used' kinda things.

Looks to me like an outstanding work bench that happens to come with six drill presses. :)

Not sure if you can operate each one independently. Say you need to drill a couple holes with a chamfer stepping up your bit sizes as you go, then they would be perfect.

Back