Allen Key testing.

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
I used to watch AVE all the time on youtube, but AVE has gone off the deep end. His reviews are no longer that good, or frequently made.
I watch Project Farm and most of the time he does good tests. This test surprised me.. I figured the Bondhus would to better, but I agree with one of the commenters that the button heads are not the best to use , and variability in the sockets. If you haven't watch ProjectFarm, give him a try, he's got some really good ones.

ave is too trashy for me, a capable guy but not my way to gain knowledge. Just me
yes, but I looked past that. His knowledge of things is high.. he acts one way, but he is clearly a high end trouble shooter, engineer, fully capable guy.

Some of the roughness is real, but a lot of it is just show, and bravado. He knows it sells with his audience. But He lost me, as he thinks it's about him , and lost his way. He's not been doing real stuff much anymore. I think he retired on what youtube was paying him.

There is a lot that I used to watch regularly, but do not even bother any more. I am tired of watching them open packages of freebies from watchers. About the only machinist one I keep looking for new stuff, is cutting edge engineering from Australia. Project farm does do good tests of common type stuff. Garage54 out of Russia, is good for entertainment.

I think he retired on what youtube was paying him.
I think that has ruined a bunch of channels.

I do not care to watch 20 m9ins of people asking me to subscribe and hit "like" a hundred times. I just went and looked at the subscriptions, I only see one or two that I watch often. The rest I think I will clear out.

I liked the sample video of project farm.
I use allen wrenches constantly
(I never would have dreamed it)
I have abused and lost alot along the way...I have used alot of different brands. I have some Allen brand allen wrenches and think they are better than Bhondus but they were way more expensive than Bhondus.
I like Bhondus and have used their tools for decades, I have sacrificed many on stubborn fasteners but they almost always get the job done. I typically buy at least one two pack each year.
I love wiha but can't afford them.
allen wrenches are disposable tooling with Bhondus the set starts to have broken or missing players I chuck it into a bin to combine with other sets in similar condition.

I used to watch AVE all the time on youtube, but AVE has gone off the deep end. His reviews are no longer that good, or frequently made.
I watch Project Farm and most of the time he does good tests. This test surprised me.. I figured the Bondhus would to better, but I agree with one of the commenters that the button heads are not the best to use , and variability in the sockets. If you haven't watch ProjectFarm, give him a try, he's got some really good ones.

The ball end is only intended to be used to spin the faster in or out, it's not meant to break it free or seriously tighten it.
AVE, too much sophomoric theatrics, yawn...
I wouldn't count on the metallurgy of Craftsman brand being consistent.

Last edited:
The ball end is only intended to be used to spin the faster in or out, it's not meant to break it free or seriously tighten it.
I would tend to agree, but there are times when you can't get to it easily, so you may need to push the tool
it also serves to tell you which tool can take the pressure a little more..
But yea.

14 minutes of my life I'll NEVER get back ! Darn you woodchucker . :grin: We use HT unbrakos in at work for installing our dies . None of the others are up to the task .

14 minutes of my life I'll NEVER get back ! Darn you woodchucker . :grin: We use HT unbrakos in at work for installing our dies . None of the others are up to the task .
Better than watching those movies you've been watching. How many ways can they tell the same story over and over.
Maybe you and my wife need to get together and enjoy those Christmas love stories... :grin: She can join you, because I can't do them...
Sorry, I was going to send you so more manly video lists... but I can't help ya.:grin big:

edit: do I need to send her down with the kleenex as well. ;)

Back