An Orrery project: 7 months in 7 miinutes

MikeWi

Active User
Registered
Really nice project that was done on CNC Sherline equipment.
[video=youtube_share;tmNuG15cqNw]http://youtu.be/tmNuG15cqNw[/video]

The quality of the work made on a machine like a Sherline, considered by many "too small to be serious", is astounding!
This remembers me a famous (at least famous in Italy) TV spot of the '80:

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP97Ds7-9HE[/video]

Translation:
Cop - What are you doing? You're stopping the traffic!
Painter - I've to paint a large wall, I need a large brush!
Cop - You don't need a large brush, but a great brush.

Wot!! no moons for Jupiter and Saturn?
All jokes aside this is absolutely beautiful.
As an amateur astronomer an orrery is something I've always wanted but the classical brass ones are priced "astronomically", its easy to see why.
Awesome work.

Really nice and he really knows how to make proper use of those machines. That word "Orrery"... that a hard one to pronounce if you let your brain think too much about it.

-Ohhhh, that little engraving tool that he used to scribe lines.... WANT!!! Anyone know where to get them?

Ray

BTW: You might try visiting www.makecnc.com for project ideas. I know the owner (Paul) and he's a really nice guy and helpful too. His whole business is about selling patterns for CNC projects and he can get anything you want above/beyond what on his website.

Ray

BTW: You might try visiting www.makecnc.com for project ideas. I know the owner (Paul) and he's a really nice guy and helpful too. His whole business is about selling patterns for CNC projects and he can get anything you want above/beyond what on his website.

Ray

Cool!
It remembers me the books of scroll saw patterns we have in the early '60, but these CNC models are far better!

Back