Android Tablets and Touch DRO

JFL4066

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Hi Yuriy,
I'd like to go with one of the 10.1" Android touch screen tablets selling on Ebay. Is there any issues or features that I need to know about?

These days most tables are compatible.
It used to be the case when Android 4 first came out that a lot of Chinese tablets had incompatible hardware (Android 4 imposed some hardware requirements for a device to be a "tablet", such as USB host, etc.). To sell the tablets as Android 4.x devices those manufacturers took Android 3 and re-skinned it to look and feel like Android 4, but under the hood there was a lot of missing requirements.
The only problems I've seen with more modern Chinese tablets were cosmetic (incorrect UI scaling in some case, etc.) Basically if you can get something with Android 6 or newer, you should be fine. Just make sure it has Google Play Services (Google Play Store is banned in China, so many tablets don't have it (and the related services) installed.
Regards
Yuriy

Hi Yuriy,
I'd like to go with one of the 10.1" Android touch screen tablets selling on Ebay. Is there any issues or features that I need to know about?
Can you post a link to the one you are considering?

Yeah, #3 is a junker, only 1GB of RAM.

#1 and #2 are basically the same except for screen resolution and no Bluetooth(?) on #2.
#1 is 1920 x 1200, 2GB RAM, 1.3 GHz, Android 7.1
#2 is 1280 x 800, 2GB RAM, 1.3 GHz, Android 8.1 -- However, I do not see Bluetooth mentioned in the specs.

Yeah, #3 is a junker, only 1GB of RAM.

#1 and #2 are basically the same except for screen resolution and no Bluetooth(?) on #2.
#1 is 1920 x 1200, 2GB RAM, 1.3 GHz, Android 7.1
#2 is 1280 x 800, 2GB RAM, 1.3 GHz, Android 8.1 -- However, I do not see Bluetooth mentioned in the specs.

The First one lists it under connectivity. I'ts a real PITA making sure all of the needed features are there.
2 GB ram
Touch Screen
WiFi
Bluetooth
Screen res. 1920 x 1200
Android OS 7 or better
AND... from Yuriy's suggestion, Google Play Services. Can't we just use WiFi to download TouchDRO and install? Or is the Google Play Services the installer?

That's what I was alluding to, #1 has BT, #2 didn't. I wouldn't bother getting a tablet without it.

I have (1) tablet - out of over a dozen, running without Google Play services and it's a PiTA.

The First one lists it under connectivity. I'ts a real PITA making sure all of the needed features are there.
2 GB ram
Touch Screen
WiFi
Bluetooth
Screen res. 1920 x 1200
Android OS 7 or better
AND... from Yuriy's suggestion, Google Play Services. Can't we just use WiFi to download TouchDRO and install? Or is the Google Play Services the installer?

Back