Another Igaging/touchdro Install

When you cast do you use a flux to clean all the impurities out? I hate that when it happens. Nice job on the DRO

Not sure if I did or not with those bits - they were made out of the billets I pour with the left overs. Sometimes I have tried adding some pool chlorine but to be honest I'm not sure if it made any difference or not. These looked great when they has been just machined, no voids of impurities too see. But the caustic just ate them away funny so there must of been some inconsistency in the material.

Super job so far. The touch dro work like a charm just make sure that you get a high resolution tablet for the app as it makes the interface much better. Where did you find the iGaging scales?

I've got a 7" 1024 x 600 tablet which I'm planning to use, but haven't got around to building the electronics yet. It is working too well with the iGaging displays so I got distracted onto other things.

The scales I brought off ebay (from taylortoolworksllc) and just resigned myself to paying the exorbitant shipping to RSA. Got enough to do the Mill and Lathe.

Man sort off hoped that you got it somewhere else. I got my kit about 7 years ago and at that time the prices were much more competitive. Now you can almost by a entry level Dro kit on Junkmail (Last time I checked) for the same money. The exchange rate also doesn't help much.....

Tell be about it. I brought the scales about a year and a half ago and they hung around awhile waiting for me to install them (still haven't installed the ones on the lathe). It's getting harder and harder to justify purchase off ebay with the current exchange rate

Back