Another Mystery Tool-Possibly Use It For Ball Turning??

4GSR

Forum Guest
Register Today
A buddy of mine bought this fixture-tool with the hopes of using it for a ball turning fixture. It has some funky adjustments on it and he's not really sure what they are for. As much as I hate to say, I don't know either!
Anyways open for thoughts for what this original fixture was used for?

Mystery1.JPG Mystery3A.jpg Mystery4.JPG Mystery6A.jpg Mystery7.JPG

somebody went to a lot of trouble to design and build the radius turner.
i love neat old stuff like that!
thanks for sharing!!
mike:))

Just a guess may be for an old tool and cutter. Maybe wheel dresser

As tall as the device is,I'm going to guess wheel dresser too.

I agree with the wheel dresser theory. However, it looks like it could be easily adapted to radius of ball turning.

I agree it's likely a wheel dresser but looks like it could make a fine radius turner

It definately looks like a wheel dresser. If it is a wheel dresser won't the turning radius moving with the axis keep it from being any good as a radius turner? You will have to adjust the radius with the tool bit overhang. Or am I not thinking this all through correctly?

shawn

I dont care what it is , I want it ! I could make an excellent ball turner from that.

Want to sell it ?

It would be verry limmited as a ball turner. Look how close the tool holder is to the pivit point.

Is there any markings on it? name or number

Last edited:
I would not use it as it is. But I dont think it would be hard to make a tool holder that could be mounted on that arm. It seems the arm is off set from the pivot so you could make the holder to sit right over the pivot, and adjust in and out

Back