Another what is it thread

Barncat

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
What is this milling machine tool? I want to say I have seen something like this before, and it had what basically looked like a large piece of flat stock perpendicular to the shank that was bolted in the groove and had carbide inserts at the ends, and would be used as a fly cutter or boring bar? Does this look familiar to anyone?BFD5404D-4CC4-4F1D-BC3A-3028035505A5.jpegFB8AB26A-377A-471A-8809-57934125FB7A.jpeg

What is this milling machine tool? I want to say I have seen something like this before, and it had what basically looked like a large piece of flat stock perpendicular to the shank that was bolted in the groove and had carbide inserts at the ends, and would be used as a fly cutter or boring bar? Does this look familiar to anyone?View attachment 293873View attachment 293874
Looks like a spade drill.

This is just amazing, you ask a question, three replies later you get an answer and a recommendation on where to find the insert, What a great resource.
No kidding. I had planned on checking back in the morning before work, but kept getting notifications that I had new replies. Super fast, thanks everyone.

I am a little embarrassed to say that I already spent probably 3 hours surfing Google, gave up, asked here, and had an answer in less than an hour. It is hard to search for something when you don't know what it is called.

mmcmdl works nightshift and am available from 7pm thru 7am ! :grin: I'm not always correct but I'll try to convince you that I am ! :big grin: 43 years in the trade and I'm still learning new things , so it never ends .

Back