Another "What is it?"

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
Got this set in a trade a while back and have no idea what it is. Any idea?

It's a Blue Point set but all the pieces have "Rigid" on them

Blue Point (1).JPG Blue Point (2).JPG Blue Point (3).JPG

Bolt and fitting extractor set.
They work fairly well. I always substitute Left Handed drill bits just in case the threads are loose. You may get lucky 75% of the time.

They work fairly well. I always substitute Left Handed drill bits just in case the threads are loose. You may get lucky 75% of the time.

Doesn't really seem to fit the bill, they have no tapers on them or any nut gripping teeth. Could be wrong though

I agree with R_Audano - an extractor set.

Drill 'em out, drive 'em in, turn 'em out, raw-hide!!!

:roflmao:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I haven't had all of my meds yet today. :coffeebreak:

I will behave in the future.... I promise. Really! (Where's the smiley for having my fingers crossed??)

Charley never gets lucky that often---------------------:roflmao:

They work very nicely. I have a set left over from my dads days of machinery repair where he used them quite often. I've used them a time or two over the years I've had them. Far much better than using those tapered spiraled shape ones that every one else uses.:))

Yes absolutely an extractor. In my limited experience I have had better luck with that type extractor than other types.

Back