Another What Is It...

kev74

Registered
Registered
I picked these up in a lot of lathe bits on eBay. A couple are marked Pratt & Whitney (P&W HFD CONN USA).

I'm guessing they're some kind of grinding or set up fixturing pieces, but really have no idea.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

20180401_115803.jpg20180401_115815.jpg20180401_115824.jpg

The bottom one looks to be a tool bit, a straight edge, a pair of hold downs, the Pratt & Whitney I'm not sure on they made make many special tools and instruments. But it's 4pins sound like a gear or screw pitch meaning .

They appear to be cutting tools that cut on the ends and are sharpened on top only, I have seen Pratt & Whitney threading tools that are made similar to this.

They appear to be cutting tools that cut on the ends and are sharpened on top only, I have seen Pratt & Whitney threading tools that are made similar to this.
Except for the smallest one on the right, none of them appear to have been sharpened. Even the smallest one doesn't seem to have the geometry of a cutting tool.

The big one on the bottom looks like it was repurposed, and is very rectangular in the cross section, almost like a really thick parting blade. It is also stamped P&W on the side that was coarsely ground, but most of the markings were on the side that was removed.

I have a number of the P&W (similar) cutters, some for threading, some for beveling, etc.

The middle of picture 1 appears to have a small straightedge- unless it is a strange threading tool

Back