Another "What's Dis Stuff" Post.

middle.road

Granite Stoopid...
H-M Supporter Gold Member
(Note: We really need a sticky for "What's This....)
Trying to organize and put stuff away, I have run across several items that I have no idea what they are, so I need some input.
I scored the gray 4-drawer back in July, and am finally getting around to 'placing' it.
Built a shelf under the 'Slab' and it fits really well.
The Kennedy 5-drawer I scored last week and I told Honey I would flip it. - er... I'm going to need a good excuse now.
There's several items in the 4-Drawer that I can't figure out.
IMG_20200920_183153142__Rc.jpg

All these copper/carbon(?) pcs. were in one of the drawers.
My first guess is EDM, but then I have never been around EDM much.
Figured to asked before it goes into the scrap bin.
Thanks for checking it out...
0920201954__R.jpg...0920201954a__R.jpg...0920201954b__R.jpg...0920201954c__R.jpg...0920201954d__R.jpg

Strange 'Drill' bit out of last week's auction.
Odd 'Square' drill bit(?) Solid carbide.
I've never seen anything like this, and I have designed a few cutting tools over the years.
It has me stumped.
0919201935b__R.jpg0919201935a__R.jpg0919201935__R.jpg

There are a bunch of 3R sinker EDM electrode pallets in there; they might be worth something if you put them up on eBay. That's probably berylium copper based on context, it's used in molds for plastic for its thermal properties. Worth more than regular copper if you scrap it, but don't machine the stuff without a respirator.
No clue on function of the drill, other than likely shop made.

There are a bunch of 3R sinker EDM electrode pallets in there; they might be worth something if you put them up on eBay. That's probably berylium copper based on context, it's used in molds for plastic for its thermal properties. Worth more than regular copper if you scrap it, but don't machine the stuff without a respirator.
No clue on function of the drill, other than likely shop made.
Thanks for the heads up on the copper. I probably would have chuck it up and tried cutting it without knowing the hazard.
I'm putting the 3R's in the 'Flip-it' box. :encourage:

Back