Another what's it worth thread (PM-833TV)

Tipton1965

Registered
Registered
I agonized over buying a benchtop mill or a knee mill for quite awhile before pulling the trigger on my 833TV. It's a fine machine but I'd like to switch to a knee mill. I took possession back at the end of February and by the time I got everything set up I got slammed with work (I own a construction business). So, I literally have only done two small projects so the machine is basically brand new. I have both the X axis and Z axis power feed units installed and it sits on the stock steel stand. I talked to PM and they told me since everything is out of stock right now I should be able to maybe get my money back out of it. What is everyone's opinion of the value? I want to sell it locally because I cringe at the thought of shipping it. Here's how it sits right now. This pic was taken yesterday. Should I ask full price? I already have it listed on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace but was thinking about bumping up the price.
20210611_193552.jpg

You probably need to knock a few bucks off it due to it being in a dirty shop.

in all seriousness, the price has gone up maybe twice since you ordered, and it looks brand new. You have given it a shake down, so it’s likely better than off the truck. Go for what you can! I think getting your investment back is certainly within reason.

I would let it sit. It will be waiting for when you do have the time or a need to use it.
Are you paying interest on it? Is there a divorce on the horizon? Losing the shop space? If the answer is no to the above, I would keep it.
I think you will be glad you did.

I would add everything up that you have on it and add 20%.
I bought my PM1022 about 5 or so years ago for $1700. I sold it this spring for $2400 with only a few extras. No one can get machines right now, and who knows when they are going to come in. Don't sell yourself short.

Just a thought, if you do sell it are you OK with waiting 6-12 months for a replacement Knee Mill?

BTW that is a very nice looking setup you have there, very impressive.

David

Just a thought, if you do sell it are you OK with waiting 6-12 months for a replacement Knee Mill?

BTW that is a very nice looking setup you have there, very impressive.

David
Because of delivery delays from Precision Mathews I will most likely buy an Eisen or ACRA mill. They both have them in stock.

That's definitely a good looking setup. I wish the timing was a little better. I'd be on my way over.

Back