Another whatzit thread .

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I borrowed this pic from another thread on the site .

https://rochester.craigslist.org/tls/d/mumford-metal-lathe/7043653695.html

The item I'm curious about is the curved piece in the lower right hand corner of pic 3 . I have one of these sitting out in the garage and have owned SBs in the past . I always figured it was for a wood lathe ……………………...but now this chump is stumped ! :dunno:

I believe that it is now that I look a little closer ! :grin: The one I have is missing the pads and holding shafts so I never figured out what it was and what it went to . :rolleyes: I've tried to match those holes up with everything I own with no luck and was going to scrap it . The SB is long gone so if anyone can use it , they can have it . ( I just need to find it again )

I like the little spring winder in there too . I have a similar lady leg model .

Screenshot_20191226-203750.jpg
LMAO ! If I don't make some room soon I might be able to use this ! :grin:

I believe my staff is still on holiday time . 4 work orders in a row with the wrong line info . Nothing like doubling my work and keeping the lines down . :face slap:

This is definitely not a follow rest, it looks more like a swivel that would hinge the end train guard, and perhaps not even belonging to that lathe.

Back