Any Insight Into This Machine?

Robert ie Wa5cab can answer this better than I can. It is the lathe that I wanted many years ago.
Pierre

Last edited:
I'd press for more info since the seller is 1) in a different place than the machine and 2) not very articulate about the machine. Hopefully its the same machine pictured and that the seller doesn't see the one in Illinois - the one with the seller on crack asking $2500 local pickup.

It is the same machine as mine and they will sell for as much as about 2000.00 up here if they have most of the tooling, i would check and see if he has the steadyrest, milling attachment etc.

It is the latter vintage as in the 70s, the earlier versions had a different feedscrew tail bearing and a different cross slide feed. It has the 1/2" ways rather then the 3/8"

There is a manual for it in the download section.

Well, since the seller has been an ebay member for less than a week and has zero feedback, I certainly wouldn't do any kind of payment besides cash on pick up.

Charles

I'd press for more info since the seller is 1) in a different place than the machine and 2) not very articulate about the machine. Hopefully its the same machine pictured and that the seller doesn't see the one in Illinois - the one with the seller on crack asking $2500 local pickup.

Seller couldn't provide any more information. "Not a machinist", doesn't know if it is single or three phase, but "runs okay".

I am 225 miles from Houston, not sure if it is worth the trip. Might offer to pay him to bring it up from Houston and see if he bites.

It's a 101.28990 (same as 3996). But it has a bid on it and the auction ends tomorrow night. I could probably go an look at it but not tonight. And tomorrow wouldn't leave much time before it's sold. Also, being "in Houston" could still mean a 120 mile trip. :whistle:If you want to pursue it, ask him where in Houston it is. Street address and ZIP. I can plug that into MapQuest and see.

Robert D.

Anything like that should have decent resale value in Texas because you don't see many small lathes in any decent condition. Its still a 250 mile pig in a poke. Depends on if you feel you can bet $600~700 and break even. Personally I hate the last minute deals on items I'm not completely educated about. Makes my spidy sense tingle.

Steve,
I live in Alvin which is about 20 miles south of Houston. I'm free in the morning. I could run up and take a look. Need an address and I'll see what I can do.

Steve,
I live in Alvin which is about 20 miles south of Houston. I'm free in the morning. I could run up and take a look. Need an address and I'll see what I can do.

THANKS!! I will send seller an email and see what he says.

Back