Any members from Melbourne, Aus here?

12bolts

Global Moderator
Registered
Mayhem,
do you know whereabouts in Melbourne it is. I have a machinist mate down there who may be able to look at it for me/you

Cheers Phil

Hi Mayhem,
It looks very similar to my mill, all the way up, however mine has a different motor drive and belt set up. I bought mine at a clearing sale for (I think) about $550, about 5 years ago.
If it still runs ok as the seller states then unfortunately all I can say is you were not wise, and you are crap for not biting the bullet ;)

Cheers Phil

Well, it's too late now, but depending on transport costs, that should have been a good BIN price. I don't need one, but I would have been tempted to get it just to have and play with. How far from Perth is Melbourne?

Sorry to be the one with bad news, but that was a great price for a mill over here. You are lucky to pick up a drill press for that sort of price.
Anyway it's gone now, so try not to think about it. I have done the same thing myself with ebay deals, you try to get a quote on postage then when you go back it's gone or bid up.
I missed out on a Bridgeport slotting head for $250 from a guy down that way that was going to pallet it for me, but buy the time he got back to me someone had bid it up off the BIN price.

I always tell myself it wasn't meant to be, LOL

Dave

Back