Any Members in the Denver Area? Questions About Selling Hobby Machines.

wrmiller

Chief Tinkerer
H-M Supporter Gold Member
As the title says, I have some questions for any locals (I'm in the Longmont area) about where/how to sell a small lathe and mill.

Looking for a relatively safe venue, as I have my concerns about CL and some violent episodes that have occurred in the past. I don't want to have to answer my front door with my .45 in hand. (joking...)

PM if you'd rather not post here.

Thanks,
Bill

Bill you are correct to be careful. I live in Broomfield and have bought, sold and traded many items including firearms successfully. I generally agree to meet face-to-face in a public shopping center or convenient spot maybe half-way for both people. My Sherline equipment is small enough to put in my trunk. So I can meet people most anyplace. I've never had a problem but who knows..........

If you can't manage that I'd suggest first getting contact info from a buyer on the phone. Their name, address, phone number and say you will call the back. Google their phone number and see if the info is good. If you are not comfortable with their response, trust your instincts. Arrange to meet when other people are around. Always ask for cash and a copy of their drivers license (for the bill-of-sale you will write)

My neighbor had a Crotch-Rocket motorcycle that he let a guy test drive who missed a gear and blew the engine. And left leaving the owner to fix it.

If you are vulnerable and uncomfortable call your local Sheriff dept and ask for advice. No harm in that. Good Luck..
Bob in Broomfield
PM me if you want to.........

Back