Any recommendations on electrical control troubleshooter in Northeast Texas?

It’s a VFH3. I just bought it and it was delivered with the issues. The AB contactors are 24v control, wired 240 3 phase. I have 480 so I’m running thru a step down transformer. I would upgrade but I’m still hunting for a knowledgeable person to start.
Inheritance Machining on YouTube, that guy pulled all of the old stuff out of his lathe and replaced it with a single VFD which can also convert 1Ph to 3Ph if needed.

A single motor and contactor box would be pretty straightforward, but this is more involved

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the advice. I’ll find someone to work on it. I’m going to give it another try tomorrow. I saw something on the net that im going to try.

No problem Mark, thanks

Be careful- you might want to tape some little cardboard covers over the high voltage contactor terminals for any live testing.
Then the only voltages you would be exposed to would be 24 volts which is pretty safe.

Better yet, if you have someone else come in to work on it, would be to disconnect the contactor power but keep only the stepdown transformer powered. Then troubleshoot the 24 volt system by itself in total safety- measuring coil voltages and listening for contactor clicks you or someone could puzzle it all out at your leisure with no danger, then re-connect the high voltage as the last step. That's the smart, safe way to do it.
Last thing you need is a lawsuit if someone got hurt or killed.
Good luck- that's a nice machine you've got there
M

Last edited:
I gutted the panels on my BP Clone and installed a Fugi Frenic VFD and I love it. With the help of a few on this forum I programmed it myself. I saved all the relays but will never use them. If you want to post some part numbers I will check and see if I have anything you can use, and it is yours for free. The old relay panels are okay if you have the experience to work on them but not many guys still work on them. Shake and Bake Programable controllers are the Cat's Meow now. We are and have been losing the knowledge base of the past starting into the mid 1990's. It will not be long until the laptop is obsolete. I have 4 of them and can't buy parts for any of them anymore.

Last edited:
I appreciate your input but I found a company out of Kilgore that go the machine wired and running. It’s new to me and I will definitely consider a VFD if I run into issues with the electricals.
You are very welcome.

Back