Any tool & die men shed some knowledge?

Any small irregular parts , I mill out a pocket in soft jaws and mill accordingly . Locate with a removable dowel pin . Corner rounding end mill would be the ticket here to keep these identical and uniform if it matters .

What are you trying to accomplish on these ?
After years of looking I bumbled onto a clamping mechanism that is what I need. My particular sheetmetal forming jig is pneumatic and one setup needs at least two clamping stations to completely fold down out of the way as the part is round like a pancake, not a ball.

All of my great deals have been off eBay where people are parting out old machines and selling off the pneumatics for a fraction of new.

As with all searches the limiting factor is nomenclature, can’t name it can’t find it. During this search swing clamps came up and then when searching for specs the thing I’ve been looking for popped up with the absolutely surprising name, the frog clamp. I know from past experience each unit would be $700+ and homey ain’t playin that. So I’ve come upon a lo tech way to adapt some pneumatic cylinders I’ve got and see if I can make a couple. I’m about 1/3 to halfway through and making these links are a PIA as I’m making 3 sets for each unit with each set being different. I‘m not looking to go into production just make a couple and see if they will solve my problem without expanding into an all consuming tools making tools etc circle.

Let me know if you need anything pneumatic related :big grin: Those parts you are making are readily available . Check out chain brakes and gear pullers .

Let me know if you need anything pneumatic related :big grin: Those parts you are making are readily available . Check out chain brakes and gear pullers .
Yeah once again I wish I lived closer to you but at the same time glad I don’t. I only have one garage and no basement. :confused 3:

good tip on the chain links. Only problem my lo tech CAD impaired work around is a screen shot then resize with a drawing program until I got the stoke of my cylinders that would fit. So nothing is anywhere close to standard off the shelf which is totally par for the course of course.

Back