Any Torchmate or Flascut users?

Rbeckett

Gold
Rest In Peace
Just wondering if we have any older Torchmate or Flash cut CNC users here. My Torchmate 4X4 small shop machine came with flashcut installed as a propriatary driver software from the factory. The flashcut software is very powerfull and relatively easy to learn, although I still need to refer to the book occasionally. Currently there are a couple of open source programs out there that also hold a good bit of promise. The Mach 3 software looks pretty good for a home built system or an upgrade if you have something your not happy with. So jump on in guys and lets hear what you have and why you like or dislike it and why.
Bob

bob
while i was thinking about beginning to learn
to weld with my new arc welder i thought of
that type of machine.
i have general idea i hold the electrode NEAR
the work NOT on it.
the rod material is carried by the ARC to
the work.
your machine can be adjusted and it steadily
holds the distance.
use the trial of Mach 3 and do testing with the machine
welding part off.
Mach 3 IS a good one.

Have A Nice Day!

RCB,
Actually the electrode in a plasma cutter is inside of the nozzle. The energy is converted to a plasma jet and forced out the nozzle by the air. As long as the pierce gap is around .125 and the cut gap is around .063 the nozzles and the electrodes last a long long time. Clean dry air is another key to long lasting electrodes. Hypertherm is known for their research and development in the field and spends more than any other manufacturer improving there products continuisly (sp). I have the small shop 4X4 coupled with a Hyperterm PM-1000 G3 with a machine torch and I can get some pretty quick cut speeds in 1/2 inch or thicker material. The PM-1000 is rated to 3/4 IIRC, but it will do a little thicker if you coax it along. Jim Colt is the answer man if you want to know anything plasma. He works for Hypertherm, but is one helpfull son of a gun to any one into plasma and CNC. He has a plasmacam that he is very happy with too. The entry fee is kind of steep, but it is a very versatile machine once you learn how to use it.
Bob

bob
is what you have a replacement for shearing?
i catch on quick, huh.
if it is i better hurry down to my machine shop
get a bunch done before the old guy retires.
man, my parts look sharp!
as far as high tech welding i'm still back at heliarc.
a guy explained it to me one time and
i got the part about gas surrounding the arc
and keeping air out or something.
i just know it was how to weld aluminum.

Have A Nice Day!

Back