Anybody have some red Delrin?

tjb

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I need a section of red Delrin (or similar material) solid rod. 7/8" diameter would be ideal, but I can make 3/4" or 1" work if necessary. Length is almost totally variable. Smallest length I could use is about 4", but that would be tight. I wouldn't mind having a one or two foot chunk for future use. It could gather dust along with my pieces of white and black Delrin.

I can only find one listing on eBay that's close to these specs, but it's not ideal. If any of you have something close that you'd be willing to part with, answer back or send me a PM with price. And, of course, I'll cover shipping as well. And I'm all ears if any of you know of a vendor that might have something.

Regards

I’ve successfully dyed Nylon using red Rit dye, but not very dark. I don’t know how it would work on white Acetal.

Why does it have to be red?
My wife has a set of storage jars that have red plugs to hold dehumidifiers in the jars. One broke, and I want to match it with the rest of her set. Purely cosmetic, but it would be nice to match.

Regards

I’ve successfully dyed Nylon using red Rit dye, but not very dark. I don’t know how it would work on white Acetal.
Probably not very well. This is full-blown 'red', and it needs to match the rest of a set. (Thanks for the idea, though.)

Regards

$44.00 at mcmaster carr
Thanks! Would never have thought to look there.

Let me know if any others have end cuts they want to get rid of. I'll give it a day or two before I order.

Regards

This might work:

$40 (48") vs MC @ $344 (48") - for the 1.25" dia size.
+ shipping

other colors also

Reactions: tjb
Back