Anyone else get carried away with 3d printed tool storage?

I really need to get a 3D printer. Assuming I can live with printing nothing larger than say ~6x9” and I want it to work reliably.
1) what should I expect to pay?
2) any suggestions on make / model?

I really need to get a 3D printer. Assuming I can live with printing nothing larger than say ~6x9” and I want it to work reliably.
1) what should I expect to pay?
2) any suggestions on make / model?
Might want to include how much tinkering you want to do to upgrade/improve the printer. Some are good enough out of the box to get solid prints every time, others need some tinkering.

It's time for me to get one myself. I don't want to mess with one, at least in the beginning. Want to be productive from the get go.

Might want to include how much tinkering you want to do to upgrade/improve the printer. Some are good enough out of the box to get solid prints every time, others need some tinkering.

It's time for me to get one myself. I don't want to mess with one, at least in the beginning. Want to be productive from the get go.
Good point, I would expect it to work as delivered other than perhaps adjusting for setup. Upgrading is generally fun for me and This appeals to me because I need to work with something for a while to appreciate what upgrades would be worthwhile pursuing.

Prusa is plug and go vs Ender and others. Two of the guys at work have each and the Prusa was cheaper to run vs the Ender which the needed multiple upgrades to get it to print properly. in the end he wishes to have bought the Prusa first.
Pierre

Prusa is plug and go vs Ender and others. Two of the guys at work have each and the Prusa was cheaper to run vs the Ender which the needed multiple upgrades to get it to print properly. in the end he wishes to have bought the Prusa first.
Pierre
$800 vs about $300, the eternal trade off. How much is the $500 extra really worth in time and frustration. I've been told 3d printers are another rabbit hole. I don't need another rabbit hole to fall into. The machining rabbit hole is deep enough, thank you.

Would be nice to have the Prusa. For that matter it would be nice to have a 3d printer. Still trying to convince myself if I need one. Would I use it and do stuff if I had one, of course. Can think of quite a few things I could make.

Wasted time fixing ….is wasted life and added stress to reduce my personal time.
I have not bought one as of yet. The guy at work with the Prusa prints what I currently need but I am very much tempted!
Pierre

Wasted time fixing ….is wasted life and added stress to reduce my personal time.
Can't argue with that. $500 is, at least for me, not minor, so wonder what else it could get me... Don't care to be frustrated with sub par stuff, though.

I use a Flashforge Creator Pro. It's been superceded by a newer model (Creator Pro 2), so the Creator Pro original is under 500$ on Amazon these days. It has a 6" x 8.5" (ish) build plate and dual extruders.

I use a Flashforge Creator Pro. It's been superceded by a newer model (Creator Pro 2), so the Creator Pro original is under 500$ on Amazon these days. It has a 6" x 8.5" (ish) build plate and dual extruders.
Does this model work well, is it reliable?

Back