Anyone have a quill DRO on their 935?

My Mitutoyo scale and caliper batteries last 2-3 years. I have two Shars units and the batteries last 2-3 months. Here’s why:

A couple of months sounds about right. Of course when I bury the battery in a pile of chips, it discharges pretty fast too...

Yup, there are memory and background tasks going on in those, they don't actually turn-off, but rather "sleep". Will have to live with it for now. Really can't afford Mitutoyo at this time, as much as I would like to. Once this mill is all setup and running the way want it and generating $$$ in the shop, I will upgrade as necessary. Instead, for the startup, I've invested in as much measuring, instrumentation and tooling as the budget would allow, and I think overall I got quite a bang for the buck. I do always have lots of those batteries on-hand (CR2032, LR44, AA, AAA, 9V, etc.) in the shop for other instrumentation as I have a full and active electronics lab here as well (I'm into Industrial and Medical equipment support).
Next thing I'm seeing down the rabbit hole is a Kurt DX6, gauge block set and a set of Woodruff cutters :)

You might want to look here for your vise. I bought a scratch and dent vice from Kurt and could find nothing wrong with it.

Roger L

Anyone using the Igaging absolute origin version with remote mounted display?

iGaging 6" Absolute Digital Readout DRO Stainless Steel Super High Accuracy w/Remote Reading https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KWCUZ4W/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_YW7AY04V903V73KNCSE9

I like the idea of having a display that doesn't move up/down with the quill.

How's it's battery life? Any problems with lagging?

I've read through Amazon reviews, but noone seems to report specifics on the important stuff.

Back