Anyone have a quill DRO on their 935?

I ordered the iGaging. If I don't like it, I'll just return it and get the Mitotuyo. I have 2 iGaging products and I like them both, so I doubt I'll return it.

How is the the iGaging quill DRO working for you, now that you've had it for some time?

I don't have any problems with it other than the lag time between the movement and the lcd display. When I move the quill, I have to wait half a second for the numbers to stop changing to where it's supposed to be at.

I opted for the Shars. We'll see how that works out. I have a 6" iGaging height gauge (got it last week) and there's no annoying time lag issue I can detect.

Last edited:
I opted for the Shars. We'll see how that works out. I have a 6" iGaging height gauge (got it last week) and there's no annoying time lag issue I can detect.
If you plan to integrate an auto-reverse function as part of the quill stop, you’re going to be challenged to make some pretty complex brackets that integrate with the quill DRO mounting.

Yup, I realize that. But not contemplating that right now. If I do get there, I am certainly going to have a good look at your solution. :)

The Shars Quill DRO kit just arrived at the shop. Looks identical to the iGaging. Interestingly, I am not noticing any lag (maybe they changed something?)

Shars Quill DRO.jpg

Last edited:
I've been happy with the Shars unit overall. My only real complaint is that it eats batteries like crazy. Sadly, the USB port on the side will not power the unit, so I can't easily power it from AC. I might rig something up, but for now I take the battery out when I don't need it, as it does the same thing the cheap calipers do, and drain the battery even when "off".

Back