Anyone heard of Kaida Machine company lathes?

taem

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
This lathe came advertised to me in my search for a 13x40 manual lathe with a range of tooling for about $3400 Has anyone ever heard of them? The specs seem typical of a dozen other Chinese lathes, but the price is alluring. They state that the ways are "supersonic frequency hardened" a term which shows up in a lot of other Chinese lathe ads. Is that a reliable process? I acknowledge in advance that Chinese machines vary widely in quality, but I am asking if anyone knows anything about this particular one. Google searches just come up with company websites and no critical information. Thank you.
Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 10-54-50 Mail - taem111@comcast.net - Xfinity Connect.png

For a home shop, even soft ways would last a lifetime, with proper maintenance of course.
The mainland china machines are a bit less fussed over when it comes to quality control in comparison to the Taiwan manufactured machines.

Depending upon what you’re looking to do, the machine is capable.

Thanks maybe this is Chinglish for high frequency hardening?

It seems that Chinese brand names are created the way bingo is played, throw all the letters in a big mixer and pick them out one at a time. Rarely do they signify anything, if they are even pronounceable. A little searching will usually find multiple "companies" selling the same products with customized labelling. With a few exceptions, the brands disappear as quickly as they appear, to be replaced by another random letter name. A Google image search is probably more useful than a name search.

Back