Anyone Interested in Hosting a Machine Repair Class?

Gentlemen,

It sounds like we have 2 shops pretty close to each other. If we plan it right we might be able to do a class at both your places. The key is getting enough people to sign up and when to do it. As I said I am booked pretty much until December. I have been invited to go to a reunion of all my classes..and possibly teach a few classes in Taiwan in October or November, I will know in a few weeks.. I am not real familiar with the weather in NJ and PA in December. Maybe we should wait until spring? We also need to think about who's closer to a International airport and how expensive the hotels / motels are.
Why don't you guys talk...start to spread the word here and other forums you may belong to and see how many students we can get. In this past spring and summer we were 2 for 4 in success of classes. Daryl....I would prefer to plan a class here in Cottage Grove for the spring as I can walk across my driveway and not drive a hours. I have room for 6 to 8 here... Rich

My shop is 1 mile away from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International airport if that helps. The weather here in december can be a little shakey, but i have not shoveled more than 4" of snow at any one time in the last few years that I have been here. I would love to host a class like this, after hunting season is done dec 17th :)

I would love to attend one,, I'm in central NY near Utica ..
Regards

My shop is 1 mile away from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International airport if that helps. The weather here in december can be a little shakey, but i have not shoveled more than 4" of snow at any one time in the last few years that I have been here. I would love to host a class like this, after hunting season is done dec 17th :)

UPDATE: We are getting a lot of people interested and if all who say they are coming, come. We won't have enough room at Jamies, so if Bernie wants to do one in say March or April in NJ, we should be able to do 2 classes out East ...what's the saying about "when it rains it pours"
Be sure to PM Jamie or Bernie and let us know.

I'm hesitant for that date , being so close to the holidays. What do you guys think about December so close to Christmas or how about the middle of Jan?

The price should be about the same as the CA class, but I can't say it on here, against the rules.

Lets decide on the date and then see how many we can get to sign up.

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend is interested in hosting in NJ, and seems to have similar sounding facilities to Jamie. Just closer or Newark Airport, a big hub. It's not like I hear about Minnesota, but it can hit-or-miss with snow in the early months. December is a little crazy for a weekend away, for me. Spring sounds like a good plan.
But I will ask around. So far we have my friend and I!

Bernie

I might be interested in attending. It depends on timing and costs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Iwould be interested in a NJ meeting. It would depend on costs an timeing.

Rich

If there is ever a need for a class in NE Texas, I probably can arrange for it here at my shop. Just thinking ahead.

I am ready Tony. The key is timing and planing in advance. Want to talk about doing one in the spring before it gets Texas Hot in the summer. The Dallas class we had 3 or 4 years ago was during your 60+ days of 100 degree's. It was a miracle the AC worked in Nathans Quonset hut...It was a hot sucker. Pick a weekend and start to talk about it and see how many want to attend. Thanks Tony. Rich

I'd LOVE to attend one in Arizona if it ever happens. I don't have the space to host, but I do have a small ~12" (on the short side) grade B granite plate.

Edit: NM on the plate. I just went back and reread your dimension needs.

Back