Anyone know what machine this goes to?

Skedaddle

Registered
Registered
This is a long shot. I have this piece and the spindle is driven by a single belt, there are no markings anywhere that I can see. If anyone knows what machine it goes on and what it's use is I would love to know. Thanks

20191214_151224.jpg
20191214_151238.jpg
20191214_151503.jpg

I could believe that it's a T&C grinder head, sure wish I could figure out what machine it is off of so someone could use it. Just looking at it it almost seems like it is an accessory to turn something into a T&C grinder. There was a bunch of Bridgeport pieces with it along with some South Bend stuff. Mystery boxes are fun, sometimes.

I could believe that it's a T&C grinder head, sure wish I could figure out what machine it is off of so someone could use it. Just looking at it it almost seems like it is an accessory to turn something into a T&C grinder. There was a bunch of Bridgeport pieces with it along with some South Bend stuff. Mystery boxes are fun, sometimes.
"...Bridgeport & South Bend pieces" you say? (as half the forum board leans towards their screen.)

Any BP shaper heads by any chance ?

Is the pulley that the belt goes on inside the housing you have pictured? At first I thought it might be a rack milling attachment for a horizontal mill. Could it be a lathe milling attachment similar to the attached photo?

Attachments

• D3859AA9-97C4-4704-A57C-0BA9F67A55BE.jpeg
    D3859AA9-97C4-4704-A57C-0BA9F67A55BE.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 50
Is the pulley that the belt goes on inside the housing you have pictured? At first I thought it might be a rack milling attachment for a horizontal mill. Could it be a lathe milling attachment similar to the attached photo?
D*mn, that is a gorgeous lathe.

Yes, there is a shaft that runs across the head and in the center of the bulbous part there is one sheave that the belt runs over. So the 5" diameter split flange would interface with whatever drives the belt. Both ends of the driven shaft are threaded with a key way.

Back