Anyone using ATO VFDs ?

HuanYang offers breaking resistors as an option, you have to contact them before purchasing, the cost is the same.

Not sure I understand why they don't put the ability to add an external break resistor in all their units, as a standard feature. I can imagine multiple reasons: I guess less configurability means less chances of users screwing up ? Cost cutting ?

I noticed it is the same for ATO: you need to ask in order to get the option.

I bought a huanyang but returned it because it didnt accept a brake resistor which you will use. For a 3 hp the automation direct model is $60 more and accepts a brake resistor, has superior documentation and also you can get in touch with them and a technician will reply with real help( I know because I had a little trouble figuring how to get the potentiometer connected properly.) Also have a hitachi which is excellent.

I have purchased PLC's, air fittings, din rail parts, you name it from Automation Direct. They are a solid one stop shop for slightly-better-quality than random Chinesium. At lest their Chinesium comes with specs clearly listed, manuals and a support number. You may not always want to pay the small to moderate extra cost, but when you really need to see the specs and be sure that's what's showing up they're a good choice.

Back