• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Some users may still have issues remaining logged into the forum. Please delete old bookmarks. If you are still having issues, go to the Site Issues forum here and let us know EXACTLY what you clicked on before the login issue arose, so we can try to track it down. We are working on this, and appreciate your patience. Thank you.

[4]

AR15 80% lower receiver

January Project of the Month [3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

jocat54

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
I thought I would try my hand at building an AR15 from a kit, ordered a kit with an 80% lower from Ceratac. $324 for a complete gun is pretty cheap. No idea how good it will turn out.
I started with completing the lower receiver. Made some side plates out of acrylic (cause I have a LOT of it:D) to hold it in vise and followed the dimensions on a blueprint and did some drilling and milling. It turned out good and got it assembled today

lower.jpg lower1.jpg lower2.jpg lower4.jpg

rgray

Active User
80% is way easy....get a 0% if you want some more fun! LOL
Nice job

wrmiller

Chief Tinkerer
My AR-10 started life as a 80% and turned out great. Your build looks to be well on it's way. :)

jocat54

Active User
Well it didn't turn out as good as I first thought------the upper pin would not fit into the lower:(:( but with just a little dremel work--all is well.

[6]
[5] [7]