Are DRO displays specific to the type of scale you have?

The Futaba DRO "SM" series scales are quite old and work off of a 15V square AB waves with a 90 degree shift. Not what is used on current DRO's. Current generation I believe use 5V input.

Attachments

• Futaba DRO.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 2
I'm striking out on being cheap. I had and old kindle fire I was going to try TouchDRO on but after 3 days of configuring I just bricked it about 10 min ago. Everything was looking good until I went to resize the system partition so it had enough space for the google apps and the TouchDRO download, but now is a black brick and won't even power on... back to ordering the dro and scales from amazon.. lol just venting here sorry.

I'm eyeballing the Igaging scales and a used 10" kindle fire. After reading through Yuriy's stuff I'm finding that buying scales is a complicate problem. Specifically narrowing down the Dro+ model seems to be hit and miss. Even on Igaging's direct website they don't show any + models for sale. If you look at what they picture on their website none of them have the Plus in the picture or in the part number. Does anybody know how to verify the part numbers againsts what Yuriy's tested? Maybe a table of know part numbers that work or something. Maybe they aren't selling the "plus" models anymore and then new models are by default the new USB connector?

Last edited:
The other problem is the sizes. I assume all scales except maybe glass can be cut?

Back