Are you happy with your Grizzly 12x36 lathe?

Yes, a small tool maker world. Funny, when I met my now wife's father, retired toolmakefr from Spalding, 2 of his golfing buddies were at S&R when I first started. I was there about 85 - 92. Both S and R golfed, but only other one I know was Ray H that golfed. Maybe more started after retirement?

Yes, I did work with Glen, George, Fuzzy, Kenny R, Joe ( jig grinder), Carl Z, John H and Billy. I had heard Werner went there after Laneco. I never met or worked with Jim.

The Jade front office guys I dealt with the most were Frank S, Ken T, and forget his name, but the heavy set sales guy. Frank i still talk to once a year or so. He was still working 1 day a week while retired.

Yes, a small tool maker world. Funny, when I met my now wife's father, retired toolmakefr from Spalding, 2 of his golfing buddies were at S&R when I first started. I was there about 85 - 92. Both S and R golfed, but only other one I know was Ray H that golfed. Maybe more started after retirement?

Yes, I did work with Glen, George, Fuzzy, Kenny R, Joe ( jig grinder), Carl Z, John H and Billy. I had heard Werner went there after Laneco. I never met or worked with Jim.

The Jade front office guys I dealt with the most were Frank S, Ken T, and forget his name, but the heavy set sales guy. Frank i still talk to once a year or so. He was still working 1 day a week while retired.
Awesome, yes I mostly golfed with George and Werner. My connection to those guys was through Pete W. (Who was definitely Jade only). Those guys were pretty close, even after Werner retired.

I figured you were talking to Frank S. He was a very key player when I worked there, no surprise he stuck around so long. It was nice to have a guy like that in an office who could speak the languages of every department. Super friendly guy as well.

Glen came to 2nd shift (my shift) after 9/11 layoffs hit, so I spent some time with him as well.

Sorry for the thread hijack!

Back