Assorted Socket Cap Screws?

There is two locally owned fastener places near me That both have good quality and prices.

Fastenal should be called " last resort", I just checked their price for 1oo pcs/box of 10-32" x 3/4" ,it was about $28, Travers charges $0.08 per screw. but not sure if it's the same quality.
Thats their list price, the last two boxes I got listed at $24, my price was $4. To get that price you need an account.

Greg

Thats their list price, the last two boxes I got listed at $24, my price was $4. To get that price you need an account.

Greg
Thanks Greg, I just registered with them online but haven't noticed a change in their prices yet, it might take 24 hours to take effect.

Registering doesn't seam to do anything Ken. With an account I phone in and they give me my price. Most industrial supply places seam to work that way, guess they give different discounts to different people. ???

Greg

That's good to know Greg, didn't know a phone call would make a difference, I'll call them Tomorrow and see what price they'll quote me for 10-32 and 5/16-18,(a box of each) if the price you paid is any indication I'll be paying half of the list price.

Registering doesn't seam to do anything Ken. With an account I phone in and they give me my price. Most industrial supply places seam to work that way, guess they give different discounts to different people. ???

Greg
I ended up going to the store(the only one in our small city) and asked if I could open an account with them they said no but then they gave me a huge discount on a box of 100 #10-32 cap screws paid $7 and change instead of $24.,the list price on their site is nowhere near what they actually charge their walk in customers.

Fellow Canucks. I had a similar sticker shock with Fastenal & it looked like it was box type quantities anyway. So I figured may as well go to Travers & combine it with any other tooling needs & flat rate 8.95 or whatever the shipping is. What I like about KBC is same offerings, same flat rate shipping, but they will sell onsey-twoseys at slight odd-lot markup. But well worth it for me. I'll never use up 100 setscrews of a specific size in a lifetime. But my projects may requires any number of 6 different lengths so nice to have 10 of each.

This brings me to Spaenaur. I set up account over the phone recently, very extensive product line, but I'm guessing also box quantities. I have not ordered yet. Any experience with them?
https://spaenaur.com/

To my USA metal-head brothers, I am green with envy at the number of great resource you have.

Fellow Canucks. I had a similar sticker shock with Fastenal & it looked like it was box type quantities anyway. So I figured may as well go to Travers & combine it with any other tooling needs & flat rate 8.95 or whatever the shipping is. What I like about KBC is same offerings, same flat rate shipping, but they will sell onsey-twoseys at slight odd-lot markup. But well worth it for me. I'll never use up 100 setscrews of a specific size in a lifetime. But my projects may requires any number of 6 different lengths so nice to have 10 of each.

This brings me to Spaenaur. I set up account over the phone recently, very extensive product line, but I'm guessing also box quantities. I have not ordered yet. Any experience with them?
https://spaenaur.com/

To my USA metal-head brothers, I am green with envy at the number of great resource you have.
I buy from Travers all the time the only negative comment I have against them is their minimum purchase of $70 but as you said Canadians should and do feel lucky to have companies like Travers doing business up here ,they do offer reasonable prices and flat shipping.
with our small population compared to the US,we're not doing too bad.

Last edited:
I don't want to bother with calling Fastenal to check the price of everything I need. It would make me feel like the old days at the auto parts store. The store has several price categories and you never know which category you are going to be charged.

If I only need a single size, I usually can find it fairly cheap on Ebay with free shipping. I have not yet been disappointed in the quality. If I need several sizes, I will go to McMaster. The prices are reasonable and it usually only costs around $6 for shipping. And it should be there in 1-2 days.

Steve

.................... If I need several sizes, I will go to McMaster. The prices are reasonable and it usually only costs around $6 for shipping. And it should be there in 1-2 days.

Steve
McMaster-Carr has socket head cap screw assortments, too. Not too badly priced, either.

Back