Atlas 10F motor wiring and counter shaft mounting help

tawas23

Active User
Registered
Wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram on how to wire my lathe with a forward and reverse switch ..all it has is a on off switch right now with one cord coming from on/off switch and one cord coming off motor with white and blk wires on end of each?? ...also is there a trick or idea how to align my counter shaft belt pulleys ..my counter shaft and motor mount to table with four bolts on the unit..having a hard time aligning pulleys up perfectly straight...or dont they need to be that straight???

I clamped my countershaft to the table and moved it until I had it where I thought it looked good. Drew an outline of the base and holes, unclamped it, and installed it.

Charles

PS No idea on the motor.

ok sounds good on installing to counter shaft...thanks does anyone have a wiring diagram on wiring my forward and reverse switch together??

Would need to know what motor you have. These lathes lathe's didn't come with a standerd motor. A pic of the name plate would be a big help.

You will need a drum switch and a bit of wiring to bring the leads from the motor out to the switch.
Pierre

Tawas,

Also need the drum switch wiring/switching diagram. There are many different versions

Robert D.

Would need to know what motor you have. These lathes lathe's didn't come with a standerd motor. A pic of the name plate would be a big help.

the motor is a 1/3 hp 5 amp motor name plate is mostly wore off ..this is a pic of the drum switch I bought ..I dont understand the wiring diagram ..just need to know where the blk and the white wires go I know green is ground

Motor wiring diagram.png

You are going th need more than the black and white wire to reverse the motor. Is there a wiring diagram on the motor?. What make and model is the motor?
All motor's are different on wiring.

Tawas,

For a single phase motor, it takes 4 wires to make it reversible. Two go to the Run winding and two go to the Start winding (or to the start capacitor, centrifugal switch and start winding in a capacitor start single phase motor). In a non-reversing motor installation, each run winding wire will be tied to one (and only one) of the start winding wires. And only a single pole switch is required to start and top the motor. If it runs backwards, you swap the two start winding wires.

To hook it up as a reversible motor, you basically wire the drum switch to do that wire swapping.

Is the the motor schematic shown in your inserted photo the schematic of your actual motor? Or just an example? The switch schematic in your photo is totally illegible. Try re-taking the photo with different settings or in B&W until you get something that can be read.

Robert D.

ok I will try another pic thanks for helping me ..well appreciated

Back