Atlas 10F reverse tumbler

That looks quite good. I only have two suggestions. The first I would definitely do sooner rather than later. and that is to significantly shorten the four screws visible in the left end of the sleeve attached to the left end of the spindle. Reason is two-fold. First, you may be surprised to learn that contrary to what you probably assume, every now and again you will get a shaving that somehow makes its way through the spindle and exits out the hole in the left face of the hinged cover. That is why the hole is there. I would recommend shortening the screws until they are flush ti 0.005" below the bore. And besides the occasional shaving, you will be able to use a draw bar for a collet should you ever want to.

The other suggestion is purely cosmetic and probably will take more time than the first one. But I'll make it anyway. If you shortened the detent strip so that the top end stopped flush with the screw head, probably anyone looking at it would assume that it was factory. But I wouldn't get in any hurry on that one.

Back