Atlas Babbit Bearing Thrust Bearing Thrust (Locater) Pin

wa5cab

Downloads Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Someone recently asked about this but the Subject didn't mention the pin and I couldn't find the thread again.

The pin isn't shown on any 10D/10E illustrated parts list drawing that I have ('m fixing that) and I couldn't find the thread where the question was asked. So I started a new thread.

The thrust bearing locator pin is part number 9-116. It is 1/8" diameter by 1/4" long. It has mo threads and should be a slip fit in the spindle. After seven decades, it may be stuck in the hole bu the remains of oil that the volatiles had evaporated from. In that case, best way to remove it would be to use a 1/8" slide hammer collet like OTC used to sell. Lacking that, make a puller from two short pieces (about 1" long) of 1/2" by 1" steel flat bar by putting two or three layers of masking tape on one side of both pieces., Clamp the two pieces together, drill four 1/4" clamp bolt holes holes near the outer edges of the bars. Install and tighten four clamp bolts. You now have a 1" cube. In one end of the block, with a 1/8" diameter end mill, cut a 1/8" dia. hole about 3/8" deep. Drill and tap the other end to fit whatever you are going to use to pull the pin. Remove the tape and clamp the block to the pin. Pull it.

Back