Atlas Clausing Spindle thread protector

Yes I have a few Keyless chucks. Most are Albrecht, but I think the one in my picture is perhaps a Validus, since it is the biggest one I have.

David

Name dropper. (Totally kidding)..i always have my eyes peeled for albrechts locally.
mine is a 1mt fomr amazon . 30 bux :p

Ha ha, you asked.

Long story short. I worked for most of my life in the design and manufacturing of consumer products and power tools. Our purchasing department decided to do a global search for drill chucks for hand drills no less. When manufacturing finally closed down I went on a tour through the old office and came across all these chucks. So rather than they go in the junk bin I snagged them.

It was only some time later that I realize that I had chucks that cost 10 times more than our drill alone, and just how awesome they really were.

David

they are the best of the best.

The Atlas 612, 618, 3950 and 10100 plus the Atlas/Craftsman 101.21400 and 101.21200 have 1"-10 spindle nose threads. Only the Atlas-Craftsman 101.07301 has 1"-8.

thank you. i think it is time for me to learn internal threading. can some one recommend a nice internal threading tool for a 6"lathe. i see a ton on amazon and fleabay...i dont mind spending more to get the correct tool.

MyMachineShop.NET sells a 1"-10 Thread Protector that looks decent and works quite well on my MFA.

MyMachineShop.NET sells a 1"-10 Thread Protector that looks decent and works quite well on my MFA.

thats the one i saw... do the make them or is it new old stock. seems like i should be polishing my skills and making one....thinking cold rolled.
can you give me the dimension of yours when you get a chance.

Don't use cold rolled steel, it's nasty to work. Get a piece of 12L14, you'll love working it.

Don't use cold rolled steel, it's nasty to work. Get a piece of 12L14, you'll love working it.

whats a good price for that?
we dont have a good place for metal here in pittsburgh...yeah i know we used to be the steel city.

Back