Atlas lathe micrometer carriage stop

Grinderman

Registered
Registered
Just when you think you've seen the most ridiculous price on an accessory, somebody raises the bar. Someone on eBay has one of these listed for $315 plus shipping!!

Wow.... If he gets his asking price I may put my micrometer stop up for sale.

Or it may just stay for sale until inflation makes it a bargain. There's a guy locally who has been advertising a change gear SB9 for 850$, for at least four years. 4 years ago I thought he was crazy. But as time goes on, it's looking more like normal than ever before. Lol

I have seen crazy unreal prices for old or should I say "vintage" looking items and came to the conclusion that the sellers don't care whether the price is reasonable or how long it'll stay up for sale , the whole action of putting their items for sale is to convince themselves or their spouses that they are doing something about their overcrowded shop.
Is either that or greed mixed with ignorance but I always get a good laugh picturing the sellers disappointed faces after their daily visit on CL or Kijiji here.

We have a ton of CL adds that have been running for months that are just ridiculous. The items look like they were dug up in some field and they attach the "Vintage" label and ask people to pay them good money. From the number of adds, these people must spend a good portion of their day reposting them.

I don't know what's going on. I've been looking at tooling, machine tools, machinists precision items for years.
These past several months I've seen an unrealistic pricing theme on all kinds of stuff.
Maybe it's just a sign of the times, the value of what you can buy with a dollar is dwindling. IMHO

New Chinese imports have become scarce, so the value of used equipment is going up.

Back