Atlas MFC Refurbishment

SO I flipped a "conversation " (aka PM) to ogberi asking for an update.. I'm getting scared that some of you folks were having the shakes from withdrawal! ROFL..:congratulate:

I don't want to pester him, but the project he was doing, a complete tear down, cleanup, rebuild was really informative as well as inspirational. I hope he's been continuing it at the rate he started out last year, because it was such a thorough and well thought out. I just hope he didn't run into any real problems.

:frog:

Oh. I didn't think asking for an update to his thread would be pestering.. We've been patiently waiting....

It's like that rag at the supermarket.. Enquiring Minds want to know! LOL...:excitement:

Hi All,

Thanks for the patience. :) After things started falling apart last year in my personal life, I have been spending a lot of my free time simply adjusting and taking care of things that need taken care of. While I haven't fallen off the edge of the earth, I'm close enough to look over it and see it really is turtles all the way down. :grin:

The good news is this: Some of the last few things in my personal life I have to take care of are almost done, and other than a BBQ this coming weekend at a friend's house, and a trip to Michigan in late June-early July, I should have more free time to work in the shop. I got a laundry list of things to do, and getting back onto the refurbishment of that machine is one of them.

So, stay tuned, the round-tuits are in sight!

ogberi,

Sorry to hear about the personal issues, but glad it seems you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. (Usually I expect the light to be an oncoming train, but that's just me! ;) ) I meant what I said earlier about how your posts were both informative and entertaining and look forward to seeing them resume.

This section of this forum has been a rich source of new friendships and connections among those of us who enjoy the ubiquitous Atlas Horizontal Mill and it seems that all information and input is eagerly received by the "true believers." :D

All the best,
Froggie

Ogberi.. I was so happy to see your name pop up ....
and then I read your response .. halfway through I was feeling like a heel for bothering you for an update!
and then by the end I was like... okay.... he's not down in the dumps.. but maybe close.. arghhh..

So I hope the ends to your troubles are close and you can get back out into the shop for some "me time".... we'll be here waiting for you when you're ready and able.

I'm still waiting on valid part numbers for the spindle bearings. Did I just miss them? I gleaned the entire post.

Back