Auction Yesterday

jmhoying

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I was at an auction yesterday for the tools of a deceased home shop owner. I'm not sure if it was because the auction was on a Wednesday, but the prices were crazy cheap. I purchased a Clausing 16VC-1 drill press in very good condition for $100.00. Just need to clean it up a bit.
I passed on an awesome deal for a Clausing 1300 lathe with LOTS of accessories because I had no way to load it and it was over an hour from my house (that was my thinking at the time, but I can kick myself today) It sold for $125.00!! An older Index vertical mill in great condition sold for $10.00. I picked up a Dumore tool post grinder with loads of extras for $45.00. I kept thinking that the previous owner was rolling over in his grave with every bid!

clausing.jpg

Jack

clausing.jpg

OMG.... I would have bought the whole place out at those prices. I would have bought the lathe and figured out how to move it, after the fact. .....the dead guy is not resting well at all, I'll bet.

Nice drill press too!

Somebody really screwed up! That’s a very sad result for the survivors! It sounds like the gentlemen had a good eye for picking his shop tools. And then the family went and picked an auctioneer looser. His lifelong love of tools went for a less than song in just hours! That’s a crime!

At those prices,I would have drove from Tx to make that auction.Congrats

Back