B.A.R kit

mirage100

Active User
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Has anyone built one of these so called kits for the Browning Automatic Rifle. I have build some AR 15 and AK47 kit and they are very fun. I sure would like to build a BAR. Everyone stay safe.

Has anyone built one of these so called kits for the Browning Automatic Rifle. I have build some AR 15 and AK47 kit and they are very fun. I sure would like to build a BAR. Everyone stay safe.
Do you have a link? I didn't know they existed. I had done AR14's, 10's, and AK's before (and even a 1911), but not a B.A.R.

joe

If you have the coins (i don't) Ohio Ordinance has reproduced the BAR from original plans.
Normal citizens can't posses the firearm here in Californiastan due to its automatic nature
i held the reproduction in my hands and never wanted to move from this oppression more

APEX does not have complete kits, just several small items.

Biggest problem with the BAR is the cut receivers are not re-weldable. made of some sort of casting that just cracks if welded. At this time no receivers are available. there was a vendor that made partial receivers several years ago, their name escapes me at the moment. it was a huge job to finish.

lots more info on building this weapon on the weaponsguild.com web forum.

Wow. I haven't heard of Philadelphia Ordnance before. They have some nice receivers there.
I wonder if they can make a stoner 63? But then again I live in Jerseystan.

No I am not a machinist. But I have all the equipment that a machinist would have.

Back