B&S #2 wet grinding attachment

bluetang

Registered
Registered
Looking for any information on how these units attach to the machine. I’ll be fabbing the box, but totally stymied on attachment. Thanks in advance, Mike

The only things to attach to the machine would be a bracket on the right side of the wheel guard to mount the coolant nozzle which would be mounted vertically with a 90 deg. angle bent in it, flattened on the end leaving perhaps 1/16" opening, it would discharge as close to the nip point of the wheel and the work as possible; on top would be a valve to turn the coolant on and off, then the hose going to a small electric (submersible) pump in the reservoir which should have baffles to separate the swarf. A drain at the right hand end of the table mounts a drain hose back to the reservoir tank. It will likely be necessary to fabricate some additional splash guards above the level of the chuck to prevent splashing and an vertically adjustable splash guard at the left side of the wheel guard to catch the coolant slung off the grinding wheel.
I think I have a catalog which may have pictures of it all, I will have a look.

I do have the catalog that illustrates the wet grinding and exhaust attachments, I could copy that page and send it by USPS, you can send me a PM with your address.
John

Thanks John, any pics that illustrate attachment would be most helpful. I actually have pics of the unit itself though. I grind thin parts and have gotten real good at scorching them. I’ve reduced down to .0001 per pass, which is taking forever.

Once I tried regrinding a pair of parallels that I made 50 or so years ago that were made with a bunch of drilled holes for lightness, it was impossible to do dry, they walked all over with even the lightest passes, used the coolant, and no problem.

Sounds good to me, it’s been quite frustrating thus far. It’s usually.093 stock, D2, or CPM 154, annealed and hardened.

Coincidentally I actually saw that as well this mornin, put it on my watch list.I also ask if any pics inside the shroud were available. If the dang thing was closer… it’d be mine!

Last edited:
The one that I sent you is entirely different so far as the splash guards are concerned, it is dated 1943.

Got it today John, thank you. That actually cleared my up my confusion. Although I’ll not be attaching exactly the same I’m pretty dang happy over here.

Back