Baileigh Industrial

strantor

Active User
Registered
I clicked on an ad today, first one this year. It was an ad for Baileigh Industrial lathes. I never heard the name and my curiosity piqued. I visited the site and it turns out that they have just about every metalworking machine you could think of. I still do not know how I never heard of them. Have any of you guys heard of them?

Look at their lathes; they look familiar to me. I don't have an experienced eye at identifying machines and I often misattribute machines to companies, so I'm reluctant to say that their machines look like rebranded machines that I've seen before, although I suspect it so. Can anybody confirm that these are (or look to be) rebranded from elsewhere and say where?

They are a more costly version of the Precision Matthews (PM) equipment. I don't know what quality controls Baileigh pays for at the assembly line. You will find all the same machines at PM for a lot less money.

Ray

- - - Updated - - -

They are a more costly version of the Precision Matthews (PM) equipment. I don't know what quality controls Baileigh pays for at the assembly line. You will find all the same machines at PM for a lot less money.

Ray

I have heard of them, I get an email from some distributer every week with there stuff (never give a dealer your email.) I could unsubscribe, but then i'd have 5 minutes of my life without complaining about chinese machinery flooding the market.

I also investigated the Baileigh Industrial 1236 before I bought my PM1236. I agree with what Ray said plus I see that they have a demo showroom as well as a warehouse that allows them to ship much quicker. All this costs money. I had called and talked to one of their Sales Reps and they sent me a huge catalog, spec. sheet and even the 1236 owners manual. Now I get tons of literature from them including the most recent flyer for their 59" x 98" 3 axis CNC Flying Arm Water Jet. I don't want to disappoint them but I don't think that will fit in my shop and my wife would not see the humor in the next water bill. In China more $= more quality even in the same factory, but to be honest I can't see how there can be a $1,600 difference in quality from my PM1236 though.

Baileigh has been around for quite awhile. I recently purchased my mill from them last year. I called Baileigh directly but actually got a better price from Penn Tool. They however allowed me to pick it up directly from the Baileigh warehouse in Wisconsin. I was driving right by on my way back from Chicago. Not sure why it was cheaper from a dealer on the east coast, maybe they protect their dealers. What drew me to the Baileigh over some of the other off shore stuff was the considerably more robust CAT40 taper. Couldnt find any other companies that had that. Also it was already set up with a readout on all 3 axis. I also picked up a cold saw at the same time. My F-350 was lookin pretty full.:bitingnails:Had a 14 hour drive home!!!

Back