Band saw modification - easily attach and remove the table

hineyoshi

Registered
Registered
My band saw comes with a table. The table can be mounted and used with the bandsaw arm in a vertical position.

However, in order to attach the table, I have to take out a proper sized Allen wrench, remove the two countersunk screws that hold the blade guide cover off, and screw the table onto it.
This is all I have to do, but in practice, this is very cumbersome.
So, I decided to improve it.

I came up with the following.
1) Change the cover of the blade guide to a bigger one that can support the table properly. The reason for the funny shape is that this is a material I picked up from my junk box.
2) Make sure that the head of the screw that attaches this table support pops out slightly. For this purpose, I modified cap screws.
2021-01-25 15-37-18.jpg

2021-01-25 15-39-13.jpg
3) Fit the holes in the table into the heads of the screws on the table support, and secure the table legs with a bandsaw vise.
Fixing the table legs with the bandsaw vise will slightly pull the table toward the vise, and the table will be firmly fixed to the table support.
2021-01-25 15-43-08.jpg
4) For safety, I made a small key to prevent the table from coming off. There is a cutout in the table support and the table, and this key is inserted into the cutout.
2021-01-25 15-42-32.jpg
In short, to install the table, all I have to do is place the table on the table support and tighten the bandsaw vise.
Of course, when I want to remove the table, I just loosen the bandsaw vise.

Although not shown in the photo, I place a plywood sled on top of the table to do straight line cutting.
I changed the position and orientation of the handle that lifts the bandsaw arm to get it out of the way of the sled.
2021-01-25 15-37-36.jpg
It's very convenient.

That's a really nice solution. I'll do the same on the Warco I've just picked up.

Thanks for posting!!

Thank you.
In my case, I have been using the band saw more since I made this improvement. I try to use the band saw to cut off as much excess from the material as possible, even if it is just a small piece, before machining it on the machine tool.
It is recommended to keep the band saw easy to use.

Back
Top Bottom