Bandsaw blade tension release modification

Tinkerman

Registered
Registered
DSCF0171.JPGDSCF0172.JPG

I am including 2 pictures of a quick tension release I made for my 14" Delta bandsaw.

Material is 3/4SQ AL bar stock. No drawing, as all should be obvious from the pictures.

Hope this helps someone with a Delta as the stock tension screw is a pain to use.

Lynn

DSCF0171.JPG DSCF0172.JPG

:thumbup: my knuckels thank you!

Jake Parker

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to fix the thumbup but it didn't work. Nice mod.

"Billy G"

I am including 2 pictures of a quick tension release I made for my 14" Delta bandsaw.

Material is 3/4SQ AL bar stock. No drawing, as all should be obvious from the pictures.

Hope this helps someone with a Delta as the stock tension screw is a pain to use.

Lynn
CAn I see a closeup or side view of the pivot point?

Like it, need to see if I can do it to my Chinese saw. What would really be trick is to have 2-3 settings for the 2-3 blade widths I use. Then I could quick change them.

This is a neat fix for the screw tensioner. I have an 18" Northwood band saw that I am going to apply this tensioner. The spring housing sits about 3/4" above the ears so Ill need to make the screw and block longer. I'll report on how it works out.
Thanks, Chuck B

Lynn, I finally finished your design modification on my Northwood 18" band saw. It works great if one remembers to use it. Note the tag over the start switch.
DSCN2184.JPGDSCN2185.JPGDSCN2187.JPG

I had to weld a nut on the adjusting bolt since the hand wheel was only attached with a set screw. Thanks for the additional photos and your words of encouragement
Regards Chuck B

DSCN2184.JPG DSCN2185.JPG DSCN2187.JPG

Duh!! Sometimes it takes me a while to catch on. I was trying to figure out just how it was a quick release. Didn't even notice the pivoting spacer block. I guess now that I understand the complicated mechanism, I may be able to loosely copy it.

Really simple and clever set-up. Thanks for posting.

Back