Bandsaw gear oil survey

I couldn't find Mobil 600 series for my old Kalamazoo bandsaw, that's what the Manufacturer recommended so I looked around for an equivalent gear oil and settled on Lucas V-twin gear oil . it is a synthetic oil (75w-140), and based on what I read on their site, it will not harm the brass parts and that's all I was worried about, other than that , it's just a good lubricant, for the amount of use that bandsaw sees in my shop ,I am not worried at all using this oil.

Use a good brand name of gear oil it's what they need . Gear oils are tacky to stick to the gears and lubricate them.. I see no reason not to use a synthetic lube which is made for gears. Any lube is better then no lube. I'm a fan of Mobil one , never had an engine or gearbox go bad in forty years plus.

So! Which one do you use Paco? Back in my hot rod days we would put a motor together run it for a day or so then change the oil to get rid of any small metal particles that may have accumulated during break in .. Thought about doing the same with my saw???

Back