Banggood endmills? Any good?

Pcmaker

Registered
Registered
End mills are expensive and I've been breaking a lot of them. I've bought stuff before from Banggood, but havent tried their endmills. Are they any good? Which ones have you bought and how was your experience with them? Most of the stuff I've gotten are OK. I broke my carbide parting tool holder, but they're 7 bucks a piece, so I just bought 3 more. It sucks they only carry metric endmills, too. I only have standard enmill holders.

I got a few from Banggood and Aliexpress, Chinese made. Ok for light use in aluminum and brass. Haven't used them for steel yet.
I bought a couple of lots of used USA mills on Ebay, ended up with a couple dozen nice sharp 2 and 4 fluters, good brands like Union and Morse. Saved a ton over new since I was just starting out.
Mark

It sucks they only carry metric endmills, too. I only have standard enmill holders.

I have bought a number of Banggood's metric center-cutting solid carbide 4-flute end mills. Very sharp and durable. Hard to beat the price for their 5-piece set. While it's not ideal, I use R8 metric collets to hold them.

However, their HSS endmills are pretty poor, in my opinion. No where near the grinds like on the solid carbide ones.

Normally I purchase a few electrical components from them. Some are usable, some aren't worth the cost of packaging them. The way I work it is to order the smallest package and see what I get. It usually is cheap enough that it doesn't hurt to write it off.

If it's good stuff, I order a larger quantity, enough to last a while. Several projects worth. If it's just junkie parts, they get used for repairing retail consumer products that were made cheap. Nothing gets thrown away arbitrarily in my shop. According to my wife, nothing gets thrown away, period.

Machine tools would be the same concept. If they're junk, they can always be used to countersink aluminum or something. If they're any good, put them on the list to reorder in a larger quantity. That's assuming the stuff is cheap enough to throw away, a common situation with unknown vendors.

Don't know if the above will settle the situation from your perspective, but does work for me.

Bill Hudson​

End mills are expensive and I've been breaking a lot of them. I've bought stuff before from Banggood, but havent tried their endmills. Are they any good? Which ones have you bought and how was your experience with them? Most of the stuff I've gotten are OK. I broke my carbide parting tool holder, but they're 7 bucks a piece, so I just bought 3 more. It sucks they only carry metric endmills, too. I only have standard enmill holders.

Not exactly an answer to the question you posed but it may help your consumption. How are you breaking them; Cutting what material, speeds and feeds, what exactly happens before they break. Type of machine your running them in and how are you holding them. May help to determine what you might do to reduce breakage

I havn't ordered any end mills but I have bought some of their inserts. Not the best of quality but for the price it was worth it.

On a side note about Banggood, I purchased a watch from them came with a 1 year manufactures warranty. Well 8 months in the watch crapped out. I contacted Banggood to get contact information to send the watch to the manufacturer for warranty. After several emails mails telling me that the Banggood warranty was over they were not able to provide a contact to the manufacture.
Lesson learned don't buy any thing with a so called warranty as they will not honor it, it's a crap shoot.

I prefer to buy lots of used US made end mills on feebay. They usually come resharpened, sometimes with a center relief. Sometimes the flutes have been sharpened to (I assume) random diameters. I sharpen my own, so they last a very, very long time. Better to buy used high quality than to buy new sticks of Chinese butter shaped like tools. The economics favors the used US end mills, even if you can't sharpen mills right now.

I've been happy with my Banggood insert end mills - so far. No problems yet.

Those who know say "chinese carbide good.........chinese HSS no good."

I caught a youtube video stating that. So I bought some china carbide end mills. Sorry to say what I got was junk. Made the HSS china end mills look good in comparison.
I was just cutting 1144 with them. It was as if they were unhardened. They dulled very quickly and were not brittle, they could be bent. Never seen that with carbide.

Back