Barrett-Jackson Auction

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Been tuned in for the past 3 days , today is the final day . Unreal what these cars/trucks are fetching these days . Looking forward to the Hemis today . Bet some go for over a mil . :eek:

Barrett-Jackson Auctions are misleading and Do Not Represent actual market values.
There are many people convinced that what they have is worth much more than it will ever be.....even after tossing thousands at it.
I laugh and walk away from alot of old cars/trucks people are trying to sell, they are convinced that grandma's old 6 cyl. mustang must be worth 50k or thr one behind the barn must be worth at least 5k.
The best deals are the finished, mostly finished cars an enthusiast has spent years cherishing, researching and building.
Sorry, if that turned into a rant. Antique/old cars has been my first passion since I was a child in the 60's.

“The best deals are the finished, mostly finished cars an enthusiast has spent years cherishing, researching and building.” sdelivery

Totally agree. One has to watch out for auction fever!

We were looking for a nicely restored car but not spending $100K like at auctions. Usually a private seller is motivated as he moves from project to next and one funds the next or has run out of time/funds. Also I was not going to buy a project and spend 10 year plus and the loads of money to fix up, to be just in time to loose my DL to old age!

“The best deals are the finished, mostly finished cars an enthusiast has spent years cherishing, researching and building.” sdelivery

Totally agree. One has to watch out for auction fever!

We were looking for a nicely restored car but not spending $100K like at auctions. Usually a private seller is motivated as he moves from project to next and one funds the next or has run out of time/funds. Also I was not going to buy a project and spend 10 year plus and the loads of money to fix up, to be just in time to loose my DL to old age!

Yep, the Auctions get you both coming and going $$

Last edited:
Been tuned in for the past 3 days , today is the final day . Unreal what these cars/trucks are fetching these days . Looking forward to the Hemis today . Bet some go for over a mil . :eek:
Yeah, I remember the matching numbers Hemi Cuda that sold a few years ago for over a mil. Not sure they're fetching that much these days.

But then again, just saw a plain Jane 318 Challenger (almost) go on a no-reserve Ebay auction for an outrageous $47,700. Bidder must have come to his senses and withdrew at the last minute. It's re-listed now with a BIN of $48,000.

I agree with the above comments, but still very much enjoy watching the auctions on TV. I love seeing the various builds and hearing about the history of the classics.

That yellow and black '71 Cuda got my attention . Not bad for $200K . Guess I have to sell some more tools . :(

Back