Been playing in the kitchen!!!

Rbeckett

Gold
Rest In Peace
Spent the day indulging in my other favorite hobby. I made two large batches of Buffalo Wings, one with mildly hot sauce for my son and I and one batch with no sauce for my wimpy mouthed wife. She cannot do anything with hot peppers even in the name, so I made her a batch with just salt and pepper and mixed up a teriyaki sauce she can slather on however thick she would like. I started out with 5 pounds of Winn-Dixies bagged wings that are on sale this week for .99 a pound, and they are pre split and the tips were already cut off and tossed. Baked them for about an hour while I made the red sauce for Tom and I's batch. Started out with Winn-Dixie basic mild wing sauce and added a small can of tomato sauce, a cup of liquefied butter and a few spritzes of Mr Tabasco from Avery Island Louisiana. Cooked the sauce down a bit to thicken and pulled the wings out of the oven and put them into the bowl and tossed to cover. Put them back in the oven at 250 and basted them every few minutes till they built up a nice thick coating and dried out a bit. Took em off the griddle and poured the remainder of the sauce over them and let them cool to room temp. While I was waiting for the wings to cool I stemmed a pound and a half of fresh white mushrooms and chopped the stems super fine. I sautéed the stems with a little bit of minced garlic till they cooked all the water out, and once cooled stirred them into an 8 ounce block of softened crème cheese with about 3/4 of a cup of Parmesan reggiano cheese (aged 3 years or more), salt and a touch of cayenne pepper to taste. Baked the stuffed caps for about 30 minutes at 375 till the cheese filling was bubbly and starting to brown a little on top. Cooled them a bit and served them up for dinner to the wife and kid. Everybody agreed I should do this recipe again soon and both of them really appreciated being able to come home from work to a tasty dinner ready to eat, dishes done and kitchen cleaned like I never even cooked. So no shop time today, but a fun day none the less

Wheelchair Chef Bob

So how long will it take to mail up a batch of the mild ones here to CT ?

Back