Belt Sander/Grinder ???

I have a small shop so made custom stand so I can roll outside and make mess on nice days.

Whoa! I really like the idea of converting it to a horizontal belt sander with table....very nice!
Is that extra black leg for a seat for long hours of sanding/grinding?

Thanks for sharing the photos!
-brino

Whoa! I really like the idea of converting it to a horizontal belt sander with table....very nice!
Is that extra black leg for a seat for long hours of sanding/grinding?

Thanks for sharing the photos!
-brino
not a seat. just the handle for moving it around. it slide in and out. it goes horizontal or vertical. the body is made by reeder products. 110v 1.5 horse motor on vfd. water resistint . can wash it with my hose.{ litely}

Nice, very nice.
You did a great job on the stand.

I have a small shop so made custom stand so I can roll outside and make mess on nice days.
Did you make the sander too? Or just the stand?

Just saw where you said Reeder Products. Nice unit. Nice stand.

Nice. I have a Reeder too. Let us know if you ever use it in the horizontal position. I haven't yet.
What kind of belts are you using?

From videos I've watched a belt grinder seams to be something I'd use for shaping parts and rough grinding lathe cutters. Most use a 4 wheel system which would use up a lot of valuable space in my shop. I see a few that use 2 wheels that would fit better on an already full bench, not taking up much more space than a conventional wheel grinder.
KZ672-2T.jpg

I don't plan on getting into knife making where I'd want the contact wheel to grind concave surfaces. Would one of this design limit me in any way?

Thanks
Greg

Back