• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You

• As some of you know, I have wanted to stop managing H-M for some time. It's a tremendous strain on my personal life. I want to set up my own shop. In September, September 15, to be exact, it will be 8 years that Hobby-Machinist has been in existence.

I have been training VTCNC to run things here. Dabbler is going to learn too. I feel that they are ready to start taking over the operation. I will be here to help in case they need, but I don't think they will. Tony Wells is and will be here also to consult with. I will be doing backups, upgrades, and installing addons. Other than that, I will not be around. I am leaving this place in good operating condition, and financial condition.
    --Nelson
[4]

BELT SANDER REPAIR

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

BROCKWOOD

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
I have no idea of the correct place to post this repair of my ENCO 6 x 48" Belt Sander. When it arrived, nearly every part was dented & the main brace was broken into two parts. I was already aware that replacement parts from Grizzly can take 6 months. I really did not care to find out what hassle a warrantee claim with ENCO might be. The broken part, to my way of thinking is inferior. Instead, I made my own. The only tools needed were a band saw, rotary table & mill. 20150802 002.jpg 20151104 004.jpg 20160315 001.jpg 20160826 034.jpg 20160826 039.jpg 20160902 008.jpg

RandyM

H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
Staff member
H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
:cheer::cheer::cheer:

You and I think alike. Well done.

Moper361

Registered
Registered
Nice repair and your part is far superior to the nasty cast bracket supplied be assured yours won't break in a hurry .

brino

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
Easier to replace the part than deal with warranty returns.
Great upgrade to a new tool........too bad it was required!
-brino

kvt

Active User
Nice and a lot more sturdy than what came one it.

BROCKWOOD

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
On to the 2nd weakest link. Pics for now - very frustrated. 1st day not walking on a cane in 4 months - still injections & physical therapy are needed. So, I assess what the order I need to pick up where I left off should be & snap the tool rest while truing up a scraper. Aghhhhhhhh. Well, it won't be any different from the main support when I replace it: Stronger better & possibly even prettier! Might even have to add a dedicated circuit breaker - incase something else wedges up under it ;-)

20180516 01.jpg 20180516 02.jpg

brino

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
Sorry for the trouble your having to go thru (medical and otherwise!).

Looks like the machine was build from uncooked pasta!

-brino

[6]
[5] [7]